Purpose of the guide
Sentient HR Services Inc. (“Sentient”) is dedicated to planning, promoting, and implementing policies and processes to ensure the health and safety of our employees, clients, and children whom we serve.
On September 7th, 2021, Sentient developed a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy and Procedure document for Sentient employees. The document may be downloaded here, and we give our clients permission to use any portion of the document should you align with our written stance.
The purpose of this Guide is to outline how Sentient’s COVID-19 Vaccine Policy will affect your centre, when you do require supply staff to meet ratios and reduce the stress of staffing on you.
Mandatory vaccination disclosure
Effective immediately, Sentient requires all employees to attest to their COVID-19 vaccine status. Sentient will also mandate vaccine disclosures from prospective staff joining the team.
By September 17th, 2021, all Sentient employees are required to have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. Employees must receive their second dose of a vaccine or combination of approved vaccines as soon as they are reasonably able, but by October 29th at the latest.
Employees must receive their second dose of a vaccine or combination of vaccines approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization as soon as they are reasonably able, but no later than October 29th. This deadline does not include the 14-day waiting period following the last dose of a full course of an approved vaccine.
How will centres know which employees are fully vaccinated?
When you place an order and a supply staff is confirmed to work at your centre, you will view their name and have access to their On-the-Go package through Sentient Connect. You will also receive an e-mail confirming the staff who is scheduled to work at your centre.
Staff who do not have a double-asterisk beside their first name are fully vaccinated.
|Sample of a Fully Vaccinated Supply Staff
||Sample of an Unvaccinated Supply Staff
Mandatory COVID-19 antigen testing for unvaccinated employees
Effective September 7th, 2021, unvaccinated Sentient employees are required to:
- Undergo the COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Screening twice weekly: Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Unvaccinated employees must provide copies of each antigen result within 24 hours of receiving the results by uploading receipts to a Google Drive File Folder.
- Staff will be provided a link to their own individual Google Drive File Folder to upload their bi-weekly antigen test results.
- Clients will be able to view dates and results of a supply staff’s bi-weekly antigen tests if that staff is scheduled to work at their centre. Please look for a Microsoft Word document titled, Unvaccinated, which will avail a link to the staff’s Google Drive.
Downloading proof of vaccinations and attestation
You may access a Fully Vaccinated staff’s attestation and proof of vaccination (two doses) through Sentient Connect.
- For fully vaccinated staff, a sample file nomenclature is: fullyvaccinated.sandyp
- For one dose staff, a sample file nomenclature is: onedose.sandyp
For unvaccinated staff, a Word document will be uploaded, and you will find a link to their Google Drive. This Google Drive File Folder will have the staff’s antigen test results.
- For unvaccinated staff, a sample file nomenclature is: unvaccinated.sandyp
You may view the instructional video on how to download a staff’s On-the-Go package by clicking here.
Accessing employee’s antigen test results
If a supply staff is unvaccinated, Sentient’s Staffing Coordinators will send you a link to their Google folder to view their antigen test results. Sentient will not send staff who test positive on an antigen test. Please view the policy for the steps Sentient would take if an employee tests positive on an antigen test.
Consequences of non-compliance
By no later than October 29th, 2021, all Employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.