Position Title: Recruiter
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Salary: Base plus bonus potential
Sentient HR aims to enrich lives through the power of connections. Sentient specializes in Supply Staffing, temporary and full-time staff placements for child care centres and private schools. Sentient currently operates in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and serves over 500 centres and private schools and employs over 350 child care workers and RECEs. Our administrative staff actively seek opportunities to connect child care centres to the right supply staff during times of need. Sentient can provide Supply Staff on the same day a request is made by using our user-friendly website, phone, e-mail, or text message. We are also able to provide staff for planned absences and full-time positions. We recruit passionate child care workers and provide ongoing professional development to engage their growth mindset. Our culture is one which values trusted partnerships, enabling growth and the ability to excel and be fully engaged. We value integrity and focus on making a positive impact on our clients, supply staff, co-workers, and communities.
The Sentient Recruiter is responsible for maintaining a team of child care staff meet the demands of Sentient’s continual growth in markets across Ontario.
The role is dedicated to fulfilling talent management for the following roles:
- Supply/On-Call Staff
- Short to Long-Term Contract Staff
- Permanent Hires, including Directors, RECEs and Assistants
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years in a recruiter role is required.
- Mass recruitment experience is an asset.
- Ability to network in areas of need, including colleges, community & employment centres.
- The ability to recruit utilizing social media “Mother’s Groups”.
- Ability to maintain awareness of industry related policies, procedures, and protocols in child care.
- A positive Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) is required.
- Competency in using technology, both computers and mobile Apps, as much of the role will be using and managing a cloud-based recruitment program.
- Experience and ability to multi-task and prioritize competing demands.
- Knowledge of compensation research.
- Experience facilitating Webinars.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment and work well under tight deadlines and pressure.
- A dynamic individual with a natural drive to achieve goals, who is very focused on adding new staff to the team.
Daily Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan recruitment message. Change messaging; maintain brand guidelines. Stay competitive in recruitment messaging. Propose for approval.
- Create recruitment posts once per week on Facebook, I.G. and Website. Whenever possible, add an application button to posts. Track ROI weekly. Work with Marketing to boost Social Media posts, when needed.
- Research the most suitable groups, blogs, and websites on which to post for free and paid advertising.
- Market Sentient’s expanded HR Services to clients related to our service offering to hire Permanent staff to child care centres.
- Maintain the Applicant Tracking System, JazzHR.
- Fulfill the recruitment requirements for Permanent Hires.
- Lead the creation of an HR Policy and Procedure cloud-based document database for our supply staff to remain up to date with any changes that would affect the child care industry.
- Organize, plan, and execute HR-related webinars for supply staff and clients.
- Contact colleges and plan a schedule for hosting a Zoom virtual job fair during the fiscal year.
- Monitor the e-Orientation site and ensure our targets for student’s completing the e-Orientation are met. Motivate and inspire students who are enrolled to complete the course in order to commence their first day of work.
- Collect all required documentation for work in child care for Sentient supply staff prospects.
- Update our Website with new job postings.
- Integrate the Recruitment Video in Media Ads, Social, Fairs, Orientation.
- Work with Marketing to recruit using digital marketing strategies.
- Interview Candidates for Sentient Supply, CFEL and Permanent Hires.
- Focus online recruitment in areas of need.
- Track success of recruitment strategies.
Sentient is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment equity and the provision of fair and accessible employment practices under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for job applicants, where needed and upon request, to support their full participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. We encourage candidates requiring any support or accommodation to notify us at the time of application to ensure the provision of equal opportunities.
> Return to ‘Careers at Sentient‘